Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nursery Inspiration


I'm really excited about creating a fun nursery for our baby.  I'm thinking not too gender specific, lots of bright colors, maybe animal themed, definitely with global influences, and hopefully somewhat unique.  Here are a few of inspirational images I've collected.

Is this the coolest nursery ever?


If it's a girl, I would be very tempted to use this mural by Surface View in our nursery:


I'm really into the idea of having a large elephant or giraffe in the nursery, I have no idea why:


I love the idea of animal wallpaper, like this Animal Farm print from Ferm Living:


These wallpaper silhouette's from Inke are super cute:




How adorable is this Polar Bear rocker from the Netto Collection?


I'm loving these Mibo paper animals:

  
Cute print on this beanbag from Sitting Bull:


If we buy instead of rent, It would be amazing to have a mural painted in the nursery. This one is by LA artist Jean Horihata:


I'm addicted to stripes so I'm really liking the idea of doing a striped ceiling:



The stripes and the unexpected palette of Jenna Lyon's Nursery are incredible:



Loving the addition of a graphic rug and a mix of vintage and new furniture from Lay Baby Lay:


I might need to buy this book:


We've always wanted to do a room with walls covered in maps, like this room by Kim Coleman, though maybe that would be better for when the bub is a little older?


 Cookie Monster wall decals from Blik:


It's going to be really fun pulling this together, I can't wait for us to move so that I can start!



No comments:

Post a Comment