Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Nursery Update

Not long to go now before the bub will be joining us, and the nursery is going well, though it is nowhere near complete!  Here's an update on what I've been up to the past few weeks in addition to organizing and hosting our coed baby shower - more to follow on that!

The latest addition is this vintage owl lamp I found the other day.


He didn't come with a shade, and I was worried that with his black eyes he could lean a little towards creepy, so I figured a bright yellow shade (lined in gold, my favorite trick!) could cheer him up, and I think it worked?!


The custom cloud mobile from The Butter Flying (leptitpapillon) arrived and it looks so great over the crib!  


I'm also working on a mobile for over the changing table.  I ordered 5 pink flamingos and 1 toucan from RuthBleakley and I'm just trying to figure out how to turn them into a mobile.  I like the idea of the toucan being like a black sheep amongst the flamingos, if that makes sense?!



I bought this fun pillow from mothcushion that I think will be a great pop of color on the white leather rocker, and a nice touch of my native Australia!


I randomly (spontaneously) bought this vintage cradle the other day, thinking if it was sturdy, it could be perfectly safe for supervised nap time whilst he's too young for the bar width to be an issue (need to measure it to see if it meets current standards), but now I'm not sure what I was thinking?  


I have a refinisher working on it to make sure it's properly glued together, and painting it white with zero VOC paint (I was worried the original finish could contain lead) and it comes tomorrow - we'll see if I actually feel comfortable having him use it or not, but Naturepedic might actually have a mattress that fits it so that's something?  


I got a massive discount and it was still there a year after I first spotted it (when I wasn't even pregnant!) so I figured it was fate, and worse comes to worse could just be toy storage?  I do love the turned wood detail!!

I bought this pair of super cute cute vintage brass duck hooks from High Street Market that I figured would be great for hooded bath towels or back packs.


Lastly, something I haven't purchased yet but I'm seriously considering are these "timber" stools from Fleetwood Fixtures.  They actually have one in bubblegum pink in stock (usually a custom order), super tempting, but they're not cheap!  One would be great as a little side table for beside the white rocker... will have to see what the hubby says!


I think that's it!  I'm still working on the gallery wall, I need one more piece to round it out, and I still need to order the felt bunting flags... oh and basics like a crib mattress and sheets, but we're getting there!

1 comment:

  1. All looks fabulous. Can't wait to see the room for real. Adore the flamingo.

    ReplyDelete